Where to Experience Live Music in Spartanburg
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Music seems to be one of the most powerful forces in our day to day lives—it can make us feel happy, sad, empowered, or even help convey difficult-to-explain emotions to another person. And when we experience music live, all those emotions seem to multiply.
Today we’re showcasing 3 types of places you can experience the power of live music in Spartanburg: dedicated live music venues which have a lot to offer but that always put music first, outdoor events that focus on bringing the community together through music, and bars and restaurants that use live music as a custom soundtrack to their dining experience.
Dedicated Live Music Venues in Spartanburg
- Ground Zero – If you live by the mantra, “Go hard or go home,” Ground Zero is for you. With capacity for only 200-300 people, you can see your favorite local and national punk, metal, indie, and hip-hop artists in an intimate setting. || Located at 3052 Howard St, Spartanburg, SC 29303
- The Music Camp – For those who love the music festival scene, this 55 acre joint outdoor music venue and campgrounds hosts local and regional acts on beautiful grounds which are lush with trees along the Pacolet riverbanks. || Located at 190 Childress Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29307
- The Music Stand at Blues Boulevard – Here the sounds of smooth jazz envelop you like your favorite blanket. This cozy, underground establishment is adorned with local art and has achieved the perfect atmospheric balance of unwaiveringly-welcoming-yet-seemingly-exclusive. || Located at 99 S Church St, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- Plum Hollow Farm – This 50 acre farm hosts the Plum Hollow Alternative Bluegrass Festival every May and the Moonshiners Reunion & Mountain Music Festival every October. These biannual events include jam sessions, so be sure to bring your instrument of choice so you can play along. || Located at 5015 Rainbow Lake Road, Campobello, SC 29322
Local Outdoor Music Events
- Jazz on the Square – Spring into saxophone solos and fall into Frank Sinatra covers at this weekly event every April-July. To make things even better, with alcoholic beverages available for purchase by those 21+, this event can double as happy hour! || Located at Morgan Square Spartanburg, SC 29306
- Music on Main – This weekly live music event brings the community together right in the heart of Downtown Spartanburg to remind everyone that it’s okay to unwind, sing, dance, and just enjoy life for a while. Actually it’s better than okay—it’s encouraged! || Located at Morgan Square Spartanburg, SC 29306
Bars and Restaurants with Live Music
- Brickhouse Pizzeria & Grille – The pizza might be cheesy but the performances sure aren’t. Every Sunday is singer/songwriter- and open-mic-night at Brickhouse, but don’t expect to hear covers of your favorite tunes—this event encourages all original songs! This is your chance to catch these artists while they’re local so you can say, “I saw them before they were famous.” || Located at 103 N Daniel Morgan Ave, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- Delaney’s Irish Pub – Not only will you find a full menu of all your favorite Irish food and drinks here, but 4 nights per week you’ll also find local bands playing country, blues, rock, and Americana songs you can’t help but tap your foot to. || Located at 117 W Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- FR8yard – More than just South Carolina’s first fully outdoor biergarten, this family-friendly, dog-friendly, community gathering spot has an events calendar that posts both simple sets by local musicians and mini music festivals. || Located at 125 E Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- Main Street Pub – Between the live bands, local DJs, and karaoke performances from groups who also perform at the local theatre, the music scene (and drink menu) at the Main Street Pub can satisfy young professionals and free-spirited artists alike. || Located at 252 W Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- Nu-Way Restaurant & Lounge – Spartanburg’s oldest bar also serves as one of Spartanburg’s best music venues. Here you’ll find local and regional favorites setting up wherever they can fit, because having no formal stage adds to the charm of the Nu-Way. Come for the Redneck Cheeseburger, stay for a set; this is a must-visit venue for dedicated music-lovers. || Located at 373 E Kennedy St, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- RJ Rockers Brewery – Enjoy music on the loading dock every Thursday-Saturday as you tour this solar-powered microbrewery famous for its Son of a Peach signature beer. || Located at 226-A W Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29306
- The Peddler – When a steakhouse is blessed with killer acoustics, it simply has to have live music—and such is the case at The Peddler Steakhouse. Spartanburg’s Peddler serves up succulent steaks 6 nights a week, but the extra side of soft, soothing live music is usually only available on Wednesdays. || Located at 149 W Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29302
- Wild Wings – Hot wings, cold beer, and live music are one of life’s most simple yet deeply satisfying trifectas. Come experience these three ingredients for a good time in perfect harmony every Friday and Saturday night at Wild Wings. || Located at 111 W Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29306
Where are your favorite places to catch live music in Spartanburg county? Share all your favorite venues or other must-visit attractions with #OneSpartanburg for a chance to have your photos featured on our social media accounts (and obviously follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest if you don’t already)!
EXPLORE MORE LIKE THIS: