Great Eats and Activities for College Students
- RJ Rockers-Taste and Tour on Thursday evenings
- Carriage House Wines-You are sure to find whatever wine you are looking for here and be sure to join their email list so you can learn when they have FREE tastings!
- Little River Coffee Bar-The ultimate hangout spot whether you need a place to get some work done, have a meeting or just relax with a hot cup of joe
- Listen to live music at The Brickhouse Pizzeria & Grill
- Take flying Lessons at the first airport in SC-Downtown Spartanburg Airport
- Converse Deli-A true farm to table restaurant and a definite spot for college students-after all, they even have a sandwich called “The Wofford”!
- HUB-BUB-Find live entertainment at The Showroom at HUB-BUB over 100 nights throughout the year.
- Shopping-We’ve got something to fit everyone’s taste!
- Home and Garden Classics-Be sure to stop in for Cupcake Happy Hour, weekdays from 4-6pm. It’s also a great spot for lunch.
- Nu-Way – Live Music on Tuesday Nights $2 Tuesdays (check out the Redneck Cheeseburger featured on the Food Network #1 burger in the state)
- Sugar & Spice-One of Spartanburg’s locals’ favorites!
- Wade’s-You can’t have mom’s good home cooking, but you might find you like Wade’s even better!
- Delaney’s-Every Wednesday night is Pint Night-where you can find $2 drafts.Yoga-Spartanburg has several yoga studios for yoga lovers.
- Music on Main-Head downtown for Spartanburg’s outdoor concert series, each Thursday April-August.
- Ride your bike on the Mary Black Rail Trail. You can even rent a bicycle right at the trail head. B-Cycle was the Southeast’s first b-cycle rental program.
- Groucho’s-Grab a quick sandwich downtown. Or Jimmy John’s delivers!
- Watch some Sunday and Monday Night Football @ Wild Wings Café.
- Art Walk-For the art lovers, Spartanburg hold an Art Walk on the third Thursday of every month. Pop in to different art galleries around town.
Outskirts of Downtown:
- Gerhard’s-a great German restaurant, complete with a Biergarten. They also have freshly made brick oven pizzas. ($5 pizza and Trivia Night on Tuesdays)
- Spin on the track at BMW Driving Experience
- Riverbend Sportsman’s Resort-skeet shooting and paintball
- Ice Cream and Coffee Beans-A great lunch spot-and be sure to try their Strawberry Tea.
- Disc Golf-Find courses at Wofford College, Va-Du-Mar McMillan Park and Century Park
- Glendale Outdoor Leadership School (GOLS)-With an indoor climbing wall, kayak lessons, mountain bike trails, and more this is a great spot for adventurists.
- Taco Dog-From California stuffed style burritos to Texas corn dogs-enjoy fresh flavors from all over the world here!
- Bullhawg’s BBQ-Voted best BBQ by locals!
- Looking for good Mexican? Head to Bronco’s, Monterrey’s or Rita’s.
- Ike’s Korner Grill-Ike’s has been a staple in Spartanburg for 50 years. Be sure to try their cheeseburgers and their hand cut fries.
- Golf-Play a round on one of Spartanburg’s public greens!
- Volunteer at Hatcher Garden.
- Paint your own pottery at Hearts of Clay.
- The Cellar-Check out their live music on the weekends.
- Lake Bowen is a great place to hop on a boat or fish during the summer.
- Learn to kayak with the help of Spartanburg Parks’ LEAF Program.